Where'd you Match!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickey1t

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
11 hours left!!!....figure we can start meeting the people we are going to be spending the next 4 years with...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
PGY -1 Jersey City Med Center
Anesthesiology - UMDNJ NEWARK!!!!

So happy I can't even describe it :laugh:

First choice! University of Kentucky! Congrats to all!

As I posted this, the PD at UK called me! This level of personal attention just reaffirms my decision.

Last edited:
University of Mississippi my #1 choice!!

University of Rochester!

Livin' the dream!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of New Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Second choice for prelim med, and first choice for anesthesiology!!! Both in the same town, so the family doesn't have to move!!! (makes my high-school aged daughter very happy too!)

Congrats to everyone!!!

I don't know if it's of interest, but I can add that in my class we had 4 going to U of M, 2 to CCF, 1 to Tufts, 1 to Florida, 1 to Northwestern, 1 to USC (Cali), and 1 to Dartmouth.

I also know that our home program had to scramble for a couple and got some great people (the strategy has been mentioned before on the forum).

I am curious about how Beaumont did in their first-ever match!

Last edited:
I'll be at the University of Rochester as well! :) :thumbup:

University of Michigan - my #1!!!!!!

Also curious about Beaumont and which programs went unfilled...

California dreamin...SOUTHERN CAL

matched to #1!!!!!!

WEST COAST, WHAT IT DO!!!!

PS: Got love letters from a bunch of programs, but not them. Hmmm....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5R3C5bzs[/YOUTUBE]

:D

Last edited:
Matched to UK my number 1 Life is sooo good!!

University of Michigan - my #1!!!!!!

Also curious about Beaumont and which programs went unfilled...

A friend from college (med school in a solid Midwestern program) matched to Beaumont, she's getting married soon and wanted to go back home. I have a feeling Beaumont filled up with OC (Oakland County) people who wanted to be back in the Detroit area but not in Detroit. Royal oak is a nice locale.

I am so happy about matching at my top choices! I applied to top NYC programs and I couldn't be happier!

Congrats y'all. Big stepping stone in da life. Anesthesia it is. :highfive:

First choice! University of Kentucky! Congrats to all!

As I posted this, the PD at UK called me! This level of personal attention just reaffirms my decision.

Our PD is the best!

Congrats on matching!!! Enjoy 4th year to the fullest because I am waiting with my beeper and a list of 15pts ready for you guys:smuggrin:

Matched to PSU/HMC. I'm grateful to have matched in Anesthesia, but really disappointed not to have gotten University of Colorado Denver. Anybody match there?

pretty sure this is the saddest match thread ever. barely any responses! granted i didnt post until i was sober enough to write a few days later but still. wheres the sdn love? also, anyone know which programs didnt fill this year??

congrats ladies and gentlemen.

Your hardwork payed off! I remember how happy I was 4 years ago. It's a great honor.

The only thing I would add is this. Just remember when you are working your tail off how happy you were today. Also remember how others wanted to be in your positon and unfortunately didnt match Anesthesiology.

If you remember these words you will definitely be happy with your residencies, no matter how hard they are.

The only thing I would add is this. Just remember when you are working your tail off how happy you were today. Also remember how others wanted to be in your positon and unfortunately didnt match Anesthesiology.

If you remember these words you will definitely be happy with your residencies, no matter how hard they are.

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I'll definitely keep this in mind. :)

I was super excited when I opened my envelope today, but then when I got home (after a few drinks), I started to get a little scared of starting residency, especially after knowing that the people I will be working with are probably 100x smarter than me and that residency is tough... Anyway, I was very lucky to get the spot I wanted so I will have to give all I have and be the best resident that I can possibly be.

Congrats, everyone!

I'll be at the University of Rochester as well! :) :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

I had to switch over while on the phone with family at 2 PM, when I realized I was getting a call from the Rochester area code. It was the PD, Dr. Karan! A small thing I know, but given the occasion, it was a nice, personal touch!

RJ -

Congrats! Very well played. Please don't stop contributing when folks come asking for info on "how do I match into Anesthesiology?".

dc

Feel very lucky, match day could not have gone better. #1 spot for TY year in CT and then heading out west to Stanford for Anesthesia in a year. Congrats to everyone

Matched my #1. Very excited. Going to keep in annonymous given recent political discussions and slandering, however.

Good job everyone!

cf

anyone hear back from any of their advanced program after they matched?

I only heard back from my prelim medicine program, who sent some paperwork.