1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Where's all the optimistic posts?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by derf, Apr 17, 2004.

1. derf

derf Ohio Land
    7+ Year Member

two scenarios here:

Either everyone - and I mean everyone - really screwed up on this test since I have yet to view an optimistic post; or

All the people who aced the MCAT are out partying while us less fortunate folks spill our guts out in hope of recieving comfort from our fellow SNDers.

2. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Everybody thinks that they did worse than they actually did.

3. UseUrHeadFred

UseUrHeadFred Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
    5+ Year Member

I think I did fairly well. I won't say I excelled, but I'm confident I'm over a 28. If that's the case, no more MCATs for me. But I think those that really excelled don't want to make the people who are panicking feel bad.

Plus, I was considering an interesting idea earlier. I believe that many of the poeple who think they crashed on the MCAT are suffering from a form of Pre-Med Syndrome. Since most of us are used to scoring really high on exams in normal classes, we're not really used to getting a lot of questions wrong. For example, if I got a 66% on my physiology test, I'd be in bad, bad shape. But, the MCAT is made such that it can distinguish the really, really brilliant people - it has to have a considerable number of questions that most people (even most good students) cannot answer. Otherwise, Harvard and Mayo would have no way of finding the best of the best. Thus, a 66% might get you a 10 in any particular section. So I think a lot of people may "feel" like they did poorly (you got 33% of the questions wrong), when in fact they probably did fairly well.

Just my theory. No credence whatsoever.

4. derf

derf Ohio Land
    7+ Year Member

if you guarantee me that a 66% = 10, I would run down my street naked singing and shouting. I think it'll prolly be more like 80% right = 10.