Where's all the optimistic posts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derf

Ohio Land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
two scenarios here:

Either everyone - and I mean everyone - really screwed up on this test since I have yet to view an optimistic post; or

All the people who aced the MCAT are out partying while us less fortunate folks spill our guts out in hope of recieving comfort from our fellow SNDers.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I did fairly well. I won't say I excelled, but I'm confident I'm over a 28. If that's the case, no more MCATs for me. But I think those that really excelled don't want to make the people who are panicking feel bad.

Plus, I was considering an interesting idea earlier. I believe that many of the poeple who think they crashed on the MCAT are suffering from a form of Pre-Med Syndrome. Since most of us are used to scoring really high on exams in normal classes, we're not really used to getting a lot of questions wrong. For example, if I got a 66% on my physiology test, I'd be in bad, bad shape. But, the MCAT is made such that it can distinguish the really, really brilliant people - it has to have a considerable number of questions that most people (even most good students) cannot answer. Otherwise, Harvard and Mayo would have no way of finding the best of the best. Thus, a 66% might get you a 10 in any particular section. So I think a lot of people may "feel" like they did poorly (you got 33% of the questions wrong), when in fact they probably did fairly well.

Just my theory. No credence whatsoever.

UseUrHeadFred said:
I think I did fairly well. I won't say I excelled, but I'm confident I'm over a 28. If that's the case, no more MCATs for me. But I think those that really excelled don't want to make the people who are panicking feel bad.

Plus, I was considering an interesting idea earlier. I believe that many of the poeple who think they crashed on the MCAT are suffering from a form of Pre-Med Syndrome. Since most of us are used to scoring really high on exams in normal classes, we're not really used to getting a lot of questions wrong. For example, if I got a 66% on my physiology test, I'd be in bad, bad shape. But, the MCAT is made such that it can distinguish the really, really brilliant people - it has to have a considerable number of questions that most people (even most good students) cannot answer. Otherwise, Harvard and Mayo would have no way of finding the best of the best. Thus, a 66% might get you a 10 in any particular section. So I think a lot of people may "feel" like they did poorly (you got 33% of the questions wrong), when in fact they probably did fairly well.

Just my theory. No credence whatsoever.

if you guarantee me that a 66% = 10, I would run down my street naked singing and shouting. I think it'll prolly be more like 80% right = 10.