Wheres the CCOM love?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medic, you seem to be the only one who has heard from CCOM regarding interviews! Anyone know whats up?

Members don't see this ad.

That is why there is no love for CCOM... they are taking too long to get back to us.
This the responce I got.. maybe it is just to my application.. or maybe general.

We have checked your application and find that your application is complete and ready for review.

We are currently finalizing our interview arrangements which are due to start in October.

We will begin reviewing applications within the next 2-3 weeks. We are sorry that this is about the extent of the information we can give you at the present time.

It will most likely be 4-6 weeks before you can expect to hear whether you will be invited to campus for an interview.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

yeah I wouldn't stress it JohnDO. If they don't start interviewing until October, they just probably started reviewing files. I'm from Chicago and I can tell ya, we Midwesterners run on a different schedule. Could be all the polluted Lake Michigan water we've been drinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
docbill, how long ago did you send that email?

the date I received the email was:

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:37:31 -0500

I emailed them 2 days before. Did you get something different.
Medic, whatever you did to get there attention.. GOOD JOB!

JohnDO said:
Medic, you seem to be the only one who has heard from CCOM regarding interviews! Anyone know whats up?

They have not scheduled me though, they just called to tell me that they wanted to interview me and that they would contact me in September to set up a date.

medic you also heard from TUCOM? When is your interview? You seem to be the only one to have heard from them...

newyorkcougar said:
medic you also heard from TUCOM? When is your interview? You seem to be the only one to have heard from them...

I got a letter from them (Touro MI)yesterday. I have to call them to schedule it within 2 weeks of the letter date. I am calling tomorrow, and after I do I will post the date on the interview thread. I got the invite snail though, and my file was complete in late July. I still have not turned in my secondary to Nevada, and I don't think I am going to.

medic170 said:
I got a letter from them (Touro MI)yesterday. I have to call them to schedule it within 2 weeks of the letter date. I am calling tomorrow, and after I do I will post the date on the interview thread. I got the invite snail though, and my file was complete in late July. I still have not turned in my secondary to Nevada, and I don't think I am going to.
Me too... and i hear you on not submitting to NV... Tucom was really good about turnaround time. It took all of 6 days since I dropped it in the mail for the invite to come! Crazy :thumbup:

Bump! Anyone heard anything on when they will start the invites?

I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything regarding interviews yet.

You have to remember that we are one of the last med schools in the country to start. We just finished our 1st week of classes, and interviews are conducted when classes are in session.

Also, I didn't even send in my primary application until Halloween when I applied!

Good Luck to everyone

I took the August MCAT so I'm assuming all this silence is due to schools waiting for the scores. I guess I'll start getting nervous on October 16th... when I start checking my emails, phone and mail compulsively... :rolleyes:

Does CCOM send interview invites via e-mail or snail mail? Just wondering what to expect. :D