Whether to apply or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrRoyal Pains

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My cGPA from my university is a 3.32. I received an F in one class (I was a young, nieve sophmore), retook it, and got a B. Because the AADSAS uses everything, this will bring my cGPA down to a 3.28. Also, my sGPA is probably slightly below a 3.0 If I score average to above average on the DAT, do I stand a chance, or should I hold off this cycle and take a few extra classes starting this fall?
 
My cGPA from my university is a 3.32. I received an F in one class (I was a young, nieve sophmore), retook it, and got a B. Because the AADSAS uses everything, this will bring my cGPA down to a 3.28. Also, my sGPA is probably slightly below a 3.0 If I score average to above average on the DAT, do I stand a chance, or should I hold off this cycle and take a few extra classes starting this fall?

ofc u stand a chance.... but odds are against you. sGPA is a very important piece, sub 3.0 puts you at a major disadvantage.

IMO, you should do another year of fulltime post-bacc. Get that sGPA higher.
 
I plan to do so. I should also mention that I started studying for the DAT last month and plan on taking it in August (hopefully early, but probably mid to late) which is already putting me at a huge disadvantage. My schools pre-professional committee also doesnt interview until August, but I can probably get myself one before August.
 
I would wait until next year so that you have time to make your GPA a little more competitive. You can't really bank on what you might get on the DAT. Also, applying in August is somewhat late, so that adds another disadvantage.