David1991

7+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am following the study guide here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=719365 (option 1) for the next 7 weeks or so and in that time I want to take 2 more practice tests for the DAT. So far I have taken the one in the KBB and the online one they provide (which was a shortened version for some reason). I think I have the Achiever one on my computer available but am not sure if that subscription is up or what exactly lol, anyone know if you get a free trial with Achiever and that's what it is? I have also heard many times it's considerably harder than the real test.

So with KBB and Achiever out, which 2 tests would you recommend? I am considering buying TopScore but aren't there also free tests you can get from the AADSAS or something like that?

Thanks a lot

JonLee

JonLee
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Can't comment about a free trial with Acheiver.

I can say though that a lot of people find Achiever more Difficult than the real DAT and Topscore more representative. People find KBB tests easier in general but opinoins on that vary a lot.

You can get a free prac. test (2007 DAT). I put a link to that test on my blog as well as to a bunch of other free DAT review questions. You should check it out, I think you'll find it helpful :D

Good luck and awesome avatar.

OP
David1991

David1991

7+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Can't comment about a free trial with Acheiver.

I can say though that a lot of people find Achiever more Difficult than the real DAT and Topscore more representative. People find KBB tests easier in general but opinoins on that vary a lot.

You can get a free prac. test (2007 DAT). I put a link to that test on my blog as well as to a bunch of other free DAT review questions. You should check it out, I think you'll find it helpful :D

Good luck and awesome avatar.
Thanks, maybe I'll just try to take the Achiever one I might have on my computer and the one in your blog. There are so many practice questions in the Destroyer books I have I'm really taking the practice tests to get used to the pressure of a timed test rather than to see how I do. Interesting that the practice test in your blog would have everything except full reading comprehension. Similarly, even though the KBB says "2 full-length practice tests: 1 in the book, 1 online" the online one was shorted in almost every section.

And thanks, I'm a fan of your avatar as well :D

JonLee

JonLee
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get used to the pressure of time, especially for PAT! And idk why the 2007 ADA sample test has only one passage in RC but at least it's free right? haha

Also interesting about KBB's online test... I never got around to using the second one haha
Word of advice, definitely get comfortable with those Destroyer questions, cause the DAT will be way easier in comparison (to GC,OC and QR, Bio and be a little random since it's such an expansive topic but Destroyer still has a lot of good review for it).

Also, you can order a hardcopy of the 2009 DAT test for around $30 or get a computer based one for $40 here: http://www.ada.org/dat.aspx
This one is as close as you will get to the real thing :)
Also don't get both cause they are the same thing!

Best of luck man!

OP
David1991

David1991

7+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get used to the pressure of time, especially for PAT! And idk why the 2007 ADA sample test has only one passage in RC but at least it's free right? haha

Also interesting about KBB's online test... I never got around to using the second one haha
Word of advice, definitely get comfortable with those Destroyer questions, cause the DAT will be way easier in comparison (to GC,OC and QR, Bio and be a little random since it's such an expansive topic but Destroyer still has a lot of good review for it).

Also, you can order a hardcopy of the 2009 DAT test for around $30 or get a computer based one for $40 here: http://www.ada.org/dat.aspx
This one is as close as you will get to the real thing :)
Also don't get both cause they are the same thing!

Best of luck man!
Thanks, one of the reviews posted by someone in your blog mentioned how the 2009 DAT was crap and had errors lol. Most of my days are spent studying now but I'll have to fit in some time to read other people's breakdowns of the test because it seems like maybe I should put more emphasis on taking practice tests. Maybe 2 more will be enough, can't say for sure. I'm debating whether or not to buy the TopScore CD from Amazon.

OP
David1991

David1991

7+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh by the way, is a calculator allowed for the entire QR section? and what functions are you able to use with the calculator? On my first practice test I used a calculator and got a 30 on it, on the 2nd one I didn't and got a 21

Thanks