Which bio class to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Universitygeek

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My advisor gave me two choices for a 2nd semester bio class. I'm an accounting major so naturally my advisor isn't the most knowledgeable person about pre-dent related information. The first choice is 4 credits of general zoology with lab. I'm not sure about this one because I had thought that zoology was an optional course for dental applicants and although some dental school websites say it satisfies the bio requirement, many also say that it's not preferred. The other choice is Physiology of Humans and other Animals which is 5 credits with lab. My counselor did however say that the 2nd choice would prepare me better for the DAT. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Take Physiology of humans for sure. More helpful on the DAT and qualifies as the prereq for some dental schools!

Take Physiology of humans for sure. More helpful on the DAT and qualifies as the prereq for some dental schools!
I agree. I took both as a Bio major, but if I had to choose just one, it would be physiology. It will be more applicable to the DAT/dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd semester? have you take bio 1 and 2?

2nd semester? have you take bio 1 and 2?
I've taken bio 1 which would be general biology. There's no course explicitly called general biology II and instead you get a couple of different options like Physiology.

I've taken bio 1 which would be general biology. There's no course explicitly called general biology II and instead you get a couple of different options like Physiology.

Don't you need 1 year of general biology for dental school?