• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Which Books for Step 3?

Hamlet MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Texas
  1. Attending Physician
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people who took Step 3 already used to study for the exam? So far from what others have told me, I am using Crush Step 3 and Kaplan Qbook. I have heard FA is not good at all. Any comments? Any good books for the clinical scenarios?

Thanks in advance.

IM2006

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 19, 2005
      Hamlet MD said:
      Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people who took Step 3 already used to study for the exam? So far from what others have told me, I am using Crush Step 3 and Kaplan Qbook. I have heard FA is not good at all. Any comments? Any good books for the clinical scenarios?

Thanks in advance.

I also used strong medicine for step 3. I would also recommend usmleworld q bank. Good luck

About the Ads

debvz

Wandering Spleen
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 13, 2004
      1. Attending Physician
        Hamlet MD said:
        Come on.....any opinions?

Study for Step 3?

Nope, sorry.... Did not have time to study, as I took it during 4th month of Surgery internship. Even worked til 11pm the night before the exam (and dozed off several times while taking the exam--but still passed!).

Just be sure to look at the USMLE cd on the case-based format for the 2nd day. I did that the evening of the first exam day.

Good luck!

KidDr

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 16, 2004
        someplace warm
        1. Attending Physician
          Hamlet MD said:
          Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

I read Crush Step 3 and also re-read parts of Boards and Wards (which I also used for step 2) for stuff that wasn't covered as well in Crush. I used the NMS book for practice questions and the USMLE software for the case-base scenarios. Make sure to play around with that software and get a sense for all the different kind of orders you can write. I studied off and on over about a month and probably put in about 50-60 hours total studying time, which I guess is a lot compared to what most people do, but it worked for me.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.