Which choice did you match at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

At which choice did you match at?

  • 1st choice

    Votes: 18 54.5%
  • 2nd choice

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 3rd choice

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 4th choice

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 5th choice

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • outside of top 5 choices

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • when it is this low, I don't really care anymore

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not-matched

    Votes: 5 15.2%

  • Total voters
    33

Thewonderer

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious if the match is getting more competitive.... maybe which choice we get is more reflective of it.
 
I matched at Stanford, which was my first choice. Is anyone else headed there?
 
Hey, caffeine,

Congratulations on the match! That is wonderful news.
Anyway, as someone who will be applying to Standford next year, can you give out any tips/advice/numbers? I would appreciate any information/advice that you would be willing to share. Again, congratulations!

:clap:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
Thanks. I sent you a pm.

Originally posted by lu2003
Hey, caffeine,

Congratulations on the match! That is wonderful news.
Anyway, as someone who will be applying to Standford next year, can you give out any tips/advice/numbers? I would appreciate any information/advice that you would be willing to share. Again, congratulations!

:clap:
 
Hey caffeine..does Stanford take IMGs...
I want to apply there this year.can u plz tell abt ur credentails scores research etc..and also what do they look for in IMGs if u have an idea..thanks
 
Originally posted by deeaan
Hey caffeine..does Stanford take IMGs...
I want to apply there this year.can u plz tell abt ur credentails scores research etc..and also what do they look for in IMGs if u have an idea..thanks

I don't know how often Stanford takes IMGs, but their website says that they will consider IMG applicants. You should check it out. As for research, the only work I did was before med school and it was in EM.
 
Thanks a ton..

what were your scores?which medical school in US did u graduate from?
Hope u have a great time at stanford🙂