Which class should I take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HannaBanana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so in order to take a full course load of biology classes this semester, I must either take a nutrition course (BIO low 200s) or a vertebrate natural history course (BIO low 300s). I know that neither of these are exactly relevant, but they are the only two classes that I can fit into my schedule that aren't environmental science or botany-related. I feel like nutrition might be slightly more relevant, but I think it would look better to take a higher level class. Any suggestions on which I should take?

Members don't see this ad.

What's your major? Are these elective courses that would count towards your major? If so, I dont think it really matters, so pick the easy A.

I personally dont think dental schools will take notice to either of those classes, unless they dont seem to flow with your undergrad progression (e.g. taking a lower level fluff science class in your senior year)

I'd choose science classes that are relevant to the DAT (if you havent taken it), or are popular courses that dental schools recommend in preparation for dental school.

Take what interests you. I don't think they will notice too much about the levels. Just see what you think would be funner.

There are lots of other relevant courses that you could probably take if you don't need those bio classes for any req. Sociology and psychology are pretty interesting and at many universities pretty easy.