Which classes should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ptforthewin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I was wondering if you could give me advice on what classes to retake for my pre-req! Some of my courses are mixed with semester or quarter. The ones with double grades means lecture/lab grades were seperate. I will only retake courses this summer so that I can submit my application ASAP for the schools that are rolling admissions.

I am going to retake physics this summer! Correct me if I am wrong, but 1 semester = the first 2 series of a Qtr series class? So when i DO get my A in physics this summer, it'll change my physics A/B to an A?

Bio 1 /w lab - A [semester]
Bio 2 microbio/ lab - B-/B+

Chem A = A-
Chem B /w lab = B-/ A-
Chem C /w lab = B/ A

Physics A /w lab - C+/ A-
Physics B /w lab - C+ / A-
Physics C /w lab - B/ B+

Stats - A-

Developmental Psychology - A
Abnormal Psychology- A

Anatomy /w lab = C+/C+ [qtr system 2 grades]
retake of anatomy /w lab- A [semester system 1 grade]

Human Physiology /w lab - B- /A

Thank you all :]
 
I'm not really familiar how the quarter classes work, but focus on retaking anything with a C first. And since you have a lot of B's which could drag your prereq gpa down, retake a few B-'s if you have the time.

Even if you do apply to rolling admissions, it could be beneficial to you if you continue retaking classes even after you send your application.
 
I would attack one of the B- grades. Probably physiology would be my first pic. See if toy can even just retake the class. Even online possibly.