Which clozaril registry to use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippiedoc13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went online to register as a Clozaril prescriber and discovered that there are actually two separate registries: the Clozaril Registry and the Clozapine Registry. This was news to me. Does it matter which registry I apply to? Or do I apply to both?

Members don't see this ad.

I used clozapineregistry.com and my scripts are getting filled...

I believe there actually may be more.

The easy thing for me is the pharmacist at the hospital looks into all of them when we check on patients who've previously been on it for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the simplest way for an outpatient psychiatrist to register to prescribe clozaril?

Talk to the pharmacy you're going to be using to dispense it (they have to be involved with the monitoring too). I think our pharmacy registers us with Teva. It was easy and done online in about ten minutes. Just do a little googling.

At least per the hospital I work at, there's 5 registries.

Each has an 800 number. I only bothered to called Novartis since they were the first and I figured the gold standard.

Novartis 800 448 5938
Fazaclo 877 329 2256
Ivax (TEVA) 800 507 8334
Mylan 800 843 9915
Caraco 888 835 2237.

Per Novartis, they keep records permanently. A problem is if someone's been on Clozapine, and you have them for the first time, and you call Novartis, they might have been on a registry from a different company. This is certainly something where it may be better for staff members or the pharmacy to call for you to maximize your efficiency.

Where I work, automatically, all numbers are called whenever we get a Clozapine patient. If your hospital is not already doing this for you, I recommend that someone in your department get into this and facilitate a process where someone does this for the doctor.