Which credit is best to choose?

Started by An Sjsjs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

An Sjsjs

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have Calc I, Calc II, And Stats I and II credit. I can only pick two-3 of the 4 due to credit( AP exam limiting) for this school. Which credits would be best to pick for med schools to allow me the best chance at a wide range of MDs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got it thank you- if I use my AP stats credit and Calc I AP credit from HS and don’t take any more maths/stats in college will adcoms care? Just wondering. Same with Psychology.
 
Got it thank you- if I use my AP stats credit and Calc I AP credit from HS and don’t take any more maths/stats in college will adcoms care? Just wondering. Same with Psychology.
Some schools care in that they don't take AP credit. Others are more "competency-based" and don't care so much. Just a warning.

To that end, take the calculus credit and retake stats according to your chosen major (be it psych-stats or bio-stats).
 
Last edited:
Would recommend taking Biostats in college just to alleviate the concern that some med schools don’t accept AP credits for pre-reqs. It should be an easy A of you already took AP stats.