Which DAT should I write?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loving123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian student and currently in my second year.
I am planning to apply for American dental school after my undergraduate.

I heard that some dental school also accepts Canadian DAT but do they prefer American DAT strongly?
(I have not taken DAT yet so if they prefer American one, then I am gonna stick to the American DAT.)

For the preparation, I will buy Kaplan bluebook, Cliff's AP Biology, and DAT destroyer.
(I searched this forum and those were the most common ones that came up..)
Do you guys can comment on the cons and pros of this books?
Also is ther any other prep book that is suitable for American DAT?
If you know it would be super helpful of you can suggest me some..

Finally, I have research assistant job over the the summer (mon to fri 9-5) and about 8 weeks to study.
Is this enough time to prepare or a bit tight?

Thanks so much in advace!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know chad's videos is very good for both chemistries. You can also try youtube because their are some professors and science teachers that post lectures and videos especially for Gen chem, orgo and biology.

How much time do you have?
Campbell bio is the book used by the test makers to make the bio section of the DAT! Cliffs is a good supplement to that.
As for the DAT Destroyer, it's what the kids destroying the DAT take lol. I've heard of questions from the destroyer that directly land on the DAT.
Those materials above that I mentioned is what I am using right now. Good luck!!

Campbell bio is the book used by the test makers to make the bio section of the DAT! Cliffs is a good supplement to that.
As for the DAT Destroyer, it's what the kids destroying the DAT take lol. I've heard of questions from the destroyer that directly land on the DAT.
Those materials above that I mentioned is what I am using right now. Good luck!!
I work 9-5 but other than that, I have nothing.
(from JULY and AUGUST)
And thanks for the recommendation!
(I new to this American DAT so you are really being helpful:))

Does the edition of the book really matters? Cause I might study this summer and take the test next year..
So just wondering if there are big difference in each edition..
(i.e. Are there gonna be big changes like MCAT?)