which dentist LOE is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitownsmiles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm already getting letters from 2 science profs, 1 non-science, and 1 scientist that I did summer research with. I work at a nonprofit dental center and am planning to ask one of the dentists also, but can't decide which!

dentist 1- has known me since august, and we get along great. we both are pretty social justice minded so I'm sure she could speak of my character and ambitions well.

numero 2- has worked at our clinic since january, and I'm not sure she could write as strong of a rec, BUT I've gotten to assist her on multiple occasions. And she keeps offering to write me a letter, and say what a great job I did assisting, etc etc. it would definitely be a positive rec but I'm afraid not as strong.

any advice appreciated, thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

since they work in the same clinic. can u ask both of them to work on it together? one letter two signatures.

Members don't see this ad :)
We actually have 2 dental centers and they work at different ones... I get around ;)

Anymore thoughts on this? I'd love to get some more opinions. Thanks!

Honestly, you would know these people best. Which person do you have the most confidence in to write you a strong lor? Only you can answer that.

true, I know the first one would be strongest in terms of my character. just not sure if it is better if it can talk about my experience assisting... but it's probably more important to stress character, and then we learn the hands-on skills in dschool, right?

I'm already getting letters from 2 science profs, 1 non-science, and 1 scientist that I did summer research with. I work at a nonprofit dental center and am planning to ask one of the dentists also, but can't decide which!

dentist 1- has known me since august, and we get along great. we both are pretty social justice minded so I'm sure she could speak of my character and ambitions well.

numero 2- has worked at our clinic since january, and I'm not sure she could write as strong of a rec, BUT I've gotten to assist her on multiple occasions. And she keeps offering to write me a letter, and say what a great job I did assisting, etc etc. it would definitely be a positive rec but I'm afraid not as strong.

any advice appreciated, thanks!!!

Hmm how are you going to have 5 LOE for AADSAS?

the first 4 are in a committee letter from my school, and then we are allowed to submit one other