Which DO schools require a neurology rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
any current DO students or alumni know if their school requires it, and if so, 3rd or 4th year?

Members don't see this ad.

any current DO students or alumni know if their school requires it, and if so, 3rd or 4th year?
Most of the schools I applied to has their rotation requirements posted online. If you are wanting that rotation, you could always take it as one of your electives during your fourth year.

Most of the schools I applied to has their rotation requirements posted online. If you are wanting that rotation, you could always take it as one of your electives during your fourth year.

I guess what I find hard with clinical education is that a lot of the elective (specialty) rotations aren't until 4th year, yet most programs want you to declare a specialty by 3rd year? If you don't have exposure to a specialty in clinical rotation, then it might be tough to choose the right specialty? Unless your gen surg and IM rotations in 3rd year can also be in a subspecialty?

Members don't see this ad :)
yet most programs want you to declare a specialty by 3rd year?

Most schools have one or two electives or selectives you take that year as well. You also get a feel for stuff during systems, like if you really hate your neuro block then you should probably scratch neuro off your list.

Not getting exposure to certain fields is actually a common problem at any med school as a lot of fields are off the beaten path

Neuro isn't a required core at TCOM. I used my 3rd year elective on it because I was interested in neuro.