Medical Which DO schools would you recommend me applying to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA: 3.84, MCAT: 514

This is my list so far; I need some help narrowing it down because I'm planning on applying to 30+ MD schools

1. Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
4. Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
5. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Philadelphia
6. Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
7. Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University
8. Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
9. New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
10. Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
11. University of North Texas Health Science Center Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
12. Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
13. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine at Erie
14. Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
15. Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York
None

Members don't see this ad.

Any reason why?
Your stats are very competitive for MD schools. As such, you have more doors open to you. If you really like the DO philosophy and want to learn OMM, and aren't gunning for the uber-specialties, then you'd be fine at the coastal Touros, CCOM (but look at their tuition!), PCOM, KCU, KCOM, DMU, Western and/or AZCOM

Have you done any networking with DO schools or MD schools? Your metrics give you a strong shot at MD that unless you already have a strong link with some DO schools, many DO schools will think you're using them as desperation safety schools. They would feel lucky to have you, but there's a real doubt whether you would be interested in attending unless you have made some effort to communicate with them ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.