Which healthcare management program to attend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverinegirl15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Need some advice. I got accepted to Boston University's MPH program in healthcare management/policy with a 18k scholarship. I have a interview Thursday wit UIC and am waiting on Emory and USC. I want to go to Boston because of the scholarship and the graduates look like they go on to work for goo consulting firms but cost of living is so expensive and is freaking me out (I'm from Michigan so housing is not that crazy here). I love Chicago but for some reason don't have a good feeling about the MHA program. Can anyone give advice on which program I should choose? I'm concerned about cost of living but also want to go to a school where I can get a good job after. Plus what is the average starting salary for a MHA grad, isn't around 70-85k? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Average starting salaries vary greatly depending on what experience you have coming in. If you're looking at schools' post-grad salary surveys... esp for MPH programs, remember it's skewed because MDs and clinicians often get MPHs as well. I would say 70-85k is optimistic unless you have had some experience.

Hey everyone!

Need some advice. I got accepted to Boston University's MPH program in healthcare management/policy with a 18k scholarship. I have a interview Thursday wit UIC and am waiting on Emory and USC. I want to go to Boston because of the scholarship and the graduates look like they go on to work for goo consulting firms but cost of living is so expensive and is freaking me out (I'm from Michigan so housing is not that crazy here). I love Chicago but for some reason don't have a good feeling about the MHA program. Can anyone give advice on which program I should choose? I'm concerned about cost of living but also want to go to a school where I can get a good job after. Plus what is the average starting salary for a MHA grad, isn't around 70-85k? Thanks!

Wolverinegirl,

I was accepted into the BU HSM MBA. I wanted to ask if you considered that at all? It is a highly ranked program and there is a lot of resources that go into it.

Last edited: