Which (If Any) DO Schools Require Calculus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
i know a number of MD schools require a semester of calc, but I was wondering which, if any, of the DO schools may require calc. I have not yet taken any math courses but am enrolled in statistics for this fall. Im wondering if it makes sense to take this stat course. I am taking it because i assumed it would fulfill most DO schools' math requirement, but if a good number of DO schools actually require calc, then perhaps i should just bite the bullet and drop stat and take calc. What do u guys think?-SH

Members don't see this ad.

I'd take stats regardless, as it is such a valuable class, and its starting to show up on boards, albeit to a small degree. Most schools like it, some require it, and I think calc will soon be replaced by it at the majority of schools. Plus, its just so integral to the evidence based medicine model. I think it's more valuable than any other pre req.

However, most schools I've looked at require calc 1, though I've heard some replace it with stats, and some want a year of math, where stats will count.

I'd take calc as well as stats as you are severely limiting your school choices without it. If your class list is limited, I'd take calc, but I highly recommend taking multiple stats courses if possible.