Which Internship should I choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
depends on what you want to go into.. they are both great.

I would probably choose cvs, because for all I know, managed care career may not be here in 20 years after the government takes over healthcare.

The business world appeals to me though, so thats why i'd lean towards cvs

I would go with Pfizer. New and varied experiences are good to get under your belt as a student... It will give you a better idea of what you like and, sometimes more importantly, what you don't like.

If there are 12 spots, will you all be in the same city together? Or will you at least be in the same city as one or two other interns? I've done "destination internships" before, and they're a blast if you're with other students in the same city. I mean, when else do you get a paid vacation to Kansas City?! (Seriously, this would excite me... I like KCMO.)

I would go with Pfizer. New and varied experiences are good to get under your belt as a student... It will give you a better idea of what you like and, sometimes more importantly, what you don't like.

If there are 12 spots, will you all be in the same city together? Or will you at least be in the same city as one or two other interns? I've done "destination internships" before, and they're a blast if you're with other students in the same city. I mean, when else do you get a paid vacation to Kansas City?! (Seriously, this would excite me... I like KCMO.)

I'll be all alone in Kansas City. All 12 students are spread out across the U.S at different sites and at the 10th week of the internship I'm sent to Alexandria, VA for 1 week to learn more at there headquarters...

Honestly, my preference for Pfizer would probably stand no matter what the CVS program looks like. (If you're not sold on it though, then my opinion shouldn't matter one bit.) I guess my thought is that you could probably shadow or be exposed to CVS corporate in some capacity at another time during the course of pharmacy school... but the Pfizer opportunity may be more difficult to duplicate. I'm not even a fan of Big Pharma, but that program sounds pretty clutch!

Take the Pfizer internship. Coming from someone who used to work for the company, the Pfizer internship may not be around for much longer as who knows how much longer the company is going to be around. CVS has much more longevity and that opportunity will come around again. On the other hand, if you get both it may be better to go with the CVS internship as it appears much harder to get.

Take the Pfizer internship. Coming from someone who used to work for the company, the Pfizer internship may not be around for much longer as who knows how much longer the company is going to be around. CVS has much more longevity and that opportunity will come around again. On the other hand, if you get both it may be better to go with the CVS internship as it appears much harder to get.

pfizer no longer around ... ok. :smuggrin: thats a little exaggerated

Pfizer, no question. Managed care will always be around, it just might not be a private org that administers it.