Which internship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nixietink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time again! I'm signing up for a PT internship for next quarter through my university and can't decide which to sign up for and was looking for advice...Currently I only have 40 hours of experience at an outpatient ortho clinic.
Here are my options:

1. Inpatient rehab, 4 hours per week
2. Cardiac rehab, 6-8 hours per week

Is there any benefit to doing one over the other? I did just go through a heart scare over these last few months so I do have an interest in cardiac rehab. I just want to be sure that I make the right choice since it is my last quarter.

Members don't see this ad.

of those - i'd choose cardiac rehab

it's more of a specialty
and i think you'd more than get your share of inpatient over the course of the rest of the your classes / affils

-- although if you're doing inpatient at at hospital, i'm sure some of them will no-doubt be cardiac patients - so you could at least 'test the waters' so to speak...

-- how interested are you in cardiac - ??

of those - i'd choose cardiac rehab

it's more of a specialty
and i think you'd more than get your share of inpatient over the course of the rest of the your classes / affils

-- although if you're doing inpatient at at hospital, i'm sure some of them will no-doubt be cardiac patients - so you could at least 'test the waters' so to speak...

-- how interested are you in cardiac - ??

I am really interested in cardiac rehab.

Unfortunately, I figured out this scenario for myself. After looking at my schedule, I don't have the availability for cardiac rehab to fit into my schedule.

After I graduate I'm not going straight to PT school. Is finding a place to volunteer (specifically more specialized clinics) difficult? My school makes it VERY easy.