Which interview invites to accept?

Started by SCP08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SCP08

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into UB and loved what I saw (granted, I was only in town for a couple of days, and the weather was unseasonably warm). I have also received interview offers from Pitt and Maryland. Interviewing at these schools would require another cross-country flight (but the two interviews can be combined into one trip).

Is either Pitt or UM-B worth the trouble?
 
I'm originally from Maryland & would love to go there!!! If you got an GOOO!!! lol, UMB is ranked 8th in the nation and is around a health- center institution. Downtown B-more is pretty nice and the harbor is minutes away. Also Washington DC is 45 min away and so cultural with great night life!!! Pitt is also a great school that I've visited but not the School of Pharmacy. But the campus looks nice and Pitts program I heard is great.

PS. surprise you said Buffalo weather was nice cuz I'm currently in Erie (1:30) outside and It's burrrr cold~ :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What day were you here? I've lived in Buffalo my whole life and it's only that warm from probably May-August. It was seriously 2 degrees the past couple of days with a negative wind chill 😀......so enjoy those warm days because they are few and far between. The cold weather doesn't bother me though. I guess I'm used to it!
 
Jan. 22/23/24.

CA people: "It isn't really so cold here after all!"

So no opinions on any of the above schools? The more I think about it, though--I don't much appreciate Pitt giving me such short notice (Jan. 29 for Feb. 3) considering I'm coming from cross-country! Not very considerate...I think a withdraw is in order.