SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

which interview to take?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by moneyman2, Dec 22, 2001.

1. moneyman2

moneyman2 New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    hey all,

i am interview for gen surg and was recently offered interviews at several places that obviously are reaching to the bottom of the barrel. my question is, should i cancel programs that i have already scheduled to interview at these "better" programs or stick with programs where i am a more viable candidate? thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. surg

surg 10+ Year Member

Dec 16, 2001
    I would interview at a range of programs. Thus, don't be afraid to make some "reaches" for you. You may "click" with one of these "better" programs and they may take you. Under no circumstance should you only interview at these new offers however, if indeed your self-assessment of your chances is correct. Despite what they say about everyone having an equal chance once you get to the interview, that doesn't sound like it might hold true for you here. Nevertheless, don't sell yourself short, I know people who are at programs that their grades or board scores would seem to indicate that they should be at, simply on the strength of their recommendations and interviews.

Hope this helps