which interview to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moneyman2

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

i am interview for gen surg and was recently offered interviews at several places that obviously are reaching to the bottom of the barrel. my question is, should i cancel programs that i have already scheduled to interview at these "better" programs or stick with programs where i am a more viable candidate? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would interview at a range of programs. Thus, don't be afraid to make some "reaches" for you. You may "click" with one of these "better" programs and they may take you. Under no circumstance should you only interview at these new offers however, if indeed your self-assessment of your chances is correct. Despite what they say about everyone having an equal chance once you get to the interview, that doesn't sound like it might hold true for you here. Nevertheless, don't sell yourself short, I know people who are at programs that their grades or board scores would seem to indicate that they should be at, simply on the strength of their recommendations and interviews.

Hope this helps