Which is harder? saba or Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ther...i know all medical schools are hard but my question is which one goes really fast..because i m good in taking exam every 2nd week instead of every 2nd month.....so I was wondering which one would u guy prefer...Ross or Saba....because I can do good with less material covering exams.....
thanks a lot....

Members don't see this ad.

I am not quite sure what you're asking because med schools to USMLE oriented info and that means it is all pretty much the same volume, just a different scope.

I am not quite sure what you're asking because med schools to USMLE oriented info and that means it is all pretty much the same volume, just a different scope.

well what i mean is that ross first exam of the semester is after one and half month....and what i found about saba is that their first exam is after 2 weeks...so i wanted to know if thats true....because i think i will be fine with USMLE because I will have 4 months to review everything and I will focus on that but in Med school I have to worry about my grades too...so I was thinking if anyone knows that saba goes slower than ross by giving exams with less material covering (like every 2 weeks exams instead of after one and half month exams (covering much more material))

Members don't see this ad :)
I do think that the cirriculum for the two schools you mentioned is slightly different. For example according to Saba's website, their second year curicculum actually consists of a Kaplan video based course to review for the USMLE Step 1, whereas Ross or SGU would be using that time to teach you new material. I am not sure which is harder, but apparently ROSS has more and better options for the clinical years. It is true that different schools put different amounts of material on each test - for SGU for example I believe they have only two exams for their anatomy class whereas in many other schools they might cover the material in 3 exams.

As far as I've heard, SABA's passing score is 75% rather then 70% in their classes. I don't really know about Ross or AUC passing score for their classes.

Medical school will be difficult regardless of where you go, if you are trying to indirectly ask about how many students fail out, you might want to ask the schools about attrition.

Hi ther...i know all medical schools are hard but my question is which one goes really fast..because i m good in taking exam every 2nd week instead of every 2nd month.....so I was wondering which one would u guy prefer...Ross or Saba....because I can do good with less material covering exams.....
thanks a lot....

Well my take on this is this, Advice take it or leave it,

The USMLE is 10 times harder then medical school, (I know I have been through step one and I'm in clinicals) If you cannot remember the material long enough for a month or two then how are you going to remember enough to pass the USMLE?

In other words maybe medicine is not for you and this is a wake up call

No disrespect but not everyone can become a Doctor.:luck:

Well my take on this is this, Advice take it or leave it,

The USMLE is 10 times harder then medical school, (I know I have been through step one and I'm in clinicals) If you cannot remember the material long enough for a month or two then how are you going to remember enough to pass the USMLE?

In other words maybe medicine is not for you and this is a wake up call

No disrespect but not everyone can become a Doctor.:luck:

Dont listen to this *****! Step 1 and step 2 are all about doing practice questions(qbank and usmleworld) and reading a good review book(firstaid and secrets). These exams are so doable! I know people who barely squeaked by the first 2 years of med school and did great on there boards and ended up matching in good residencies.

Keep your chin up and work hard. Dont listen to idiots like the one from the previous post. God what a douche bag.lol...