Which is stressful? DDS vs MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daysinnnc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I volunteer at the local hospital and i was listeing to doctor's conversation and they think dentist has the hardest job of all. since they have to work with dirty mouth everyday for 8-10 hrs while MDs only have to write some sort of prescription and done..

Is it really true? Is being a dentist very stressful?
I need ppl's feedback on this

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need to go to a dental office and observe for a day. That will help you the most.

Dirty mouths, eh? All i can say is that I would rather do what i do all day than having to stick a lubed finger up another guys wahoo to check their prostate....or squeeze the jewels to check for spermatoceles....or thread a catheter up the wee-hole!

Members don't see this ad :)
I once knew an MD/DDS who practiced both Proctology and Dentistry in the same building to save on Overhead. I was shadowing him one day and he was just back and forth from Dirty Mouth to Prostate Exam and so forth all day long. :hardy:

One thing I noticed was that it was alot easier to just have the dental patient brush their teeth when they arrived than to have the Prostate Exam patient Douche their *ss out real good. :(

Also, sometimes he would even see the same patient for a dental appointment and Prostate Exam on the same day. The patients usually wanted Doc to put the fingers in their mouth first, before they went 'In through the Out Door'. I guess even patients are smart enough to know that the mouth is much less disgusting than the *ss. :idea: I wonder when MDs will figure it out. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.