Which LECOM school should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is one better than the other in terms of academics?

I see one is in Florida. Is that an actual good location in Florida or some crap town? haha

What are the pros and cons of each school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is one better than the other in terms of academics?

I see one is in Florida. Is that an actual good location in Florida or some crap town? haha

What are the pros and cons of each school?

Thanks!

Many people will have an opinion on this one. Also, if you haven't got your application in yet...hurry!

You definitely need to research each school. Go on their website. LECOM-Bradenton (FL) has strictly PBL curriculum and few lectures. They are both good schools with good rotations and I know that LECOM-Bradenton consistently ranks near the top as far as average COMLEX scores. I'll leave more to other people to post but it is really up to you to research these schools.

Also, Bradenton is next to Sarasota. From what people have said it is a nice area that is experiencing a lot of growth.

LECOM-Erie has the option of traditional lecture-based learning, PBL, PSCP (an accelerated primary-care only program thats three years). In addition you can choose to attend their Seton Hill campus (near Pittsburg) through Erie, though its PBL only.

Bradenton only offers the PBL option.

Many people will have an opinion on this one. Also, if you haven't got your application in yet...hurry!

You definitely need to research each school. Go on their website. LECOM-Bradenton (FL) has strictly PBL curriculum and few lectures. They are both good schools with good rotations and I know that LECOM-Bradenton consistently ranks near the top as far as average COMLEX scores. I'll leave more to other people to post but it is really up to you to research these schools.

Also, Bradenton is next to Sarasota. From what people have said it is a nice area that is experiencing a lot of growth.

I'm waiting for AACOMAS to verify my app! I've been waiting 2-3 weeks now. they're SOO slow. AMCAS is WAY faster.

I don't like PBL at all. Considering only the Florida one interests me for its location but being only PBL, I probably won't apply to either ugghhh. 100% PBL in a med school sounds awful. :thumbdown: