amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
I recently saw that the first 3 LORs that I inputed were the ones sent to Loma Linda (only the first 3 were listed on my LLU application)...but my best reference is probably from my 4th evaluator, who I entered last.

Is there a way to tell the AADSAS to send specific letters to the schools that only require a 1-3 LORs?

OP
amalgamgrillz

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
Were all four of the letters sent at the same time? or was the last one sent later?
No, they were not. The last reference letter was received about 2-3weeks later. I think I see what you are getting at..will AADSAS forward the last one to LLU eventually?

thanks!

OP
amalgamgrillz

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
I didn't realize the order in which we put our evaluators mattered!!
i'm not sure if the order does matter exactly. But I also don't know how the AADSAS decides which 3/4 letters to send if a school only requires a generic 3 letters.. does anyone know how they do this?

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
They don't. When I first submitted my AADSAS I had the same question (what if I want only these 3 LORs sent to a school and not the 4th, but I want all 4 sent to another school?) Well, I called and they told me that all the letters they receive they will send to all the schools you designate. Which kind of sucks because in my case I just had to leave out letters from AADSAS and mail it directly to schools -- except be careful when you do this because some schools ONLY accept letters sent through AADSAS. It was really troublesome.

Apr 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Call the school and discuss the problem with them.
As mentioned above not every school is going to accept letter directly but some schools will specially if they have requirements different from other schools.