Which MCAT Dates Should I take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aurevoir0711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying in the upcoming cycle, but I am still in the process of taking prereq class (just biochem).

I signed up for the MCAT on May 19th, but the score is not released until June 20th. I can try to take the MCAT a little earlier on April 28th, and the score will be released on May 30th (right before the app opens).
Or I can take it on May 13th, and the score will be released on June 13th.

I have seen so many posts about importance of applying early due to rolling admission process and the application is not complete until med schools receive the MCAT score, so I am a little worried if June 20 score release will be a little too late. Should I take the MCAT a bit earlier?

I would sincerely appreciate your response. Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

The June 20 score release date is not late at all! You only start to become late if you submit you primary at the end of July/beginning of August. Submitting anytime in June is good, July is okay, August is late and become potentially detrimental. However if you are still worried one thing you can do is after you finish the MCAT then work on you primary. On the first day it opens submit your app and choose one "throwaway" school that you would never actually attend, this will put you in the queue. Then once you get your MCAT score your entire application will be processed in a few days since AMCAS is centralized. Then based on your score you can add more schools that are in line with your MCAT score.