You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Which medical school has the most fun?
Started by iheartflatus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well... it's EVMS, so...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, my vote goes to Vanderbilt.
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
Exhibit C:
Exhibit D:
et al.
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
Exhibit C:
Exhibit D:
et al.
Well... it's EVMS, so...
What's wrong with EVMS? 🙁 They're ranked like 55 on US News for primary care. Surely they can't be that bad?
What's wrong with EVMS? 🙁 They're ranked like 55 on US News for primary care. Surely they can't be that bad?
No, it's not a bad school and I interviewed with a few of their students on the residency trail. But I don't think it's the kind of place you would want to go there strictly for the "fun" experience.
Also, medical school is as fun as you make it. Every school tries to put forth this image of being "collaborative" and other such things that make you think their students are enjoying themselves and have good camaraderie. In reality, that culture is driven much more by the students themselves rather than be institution.
No, it's not a bad school and I interviewed with a few of their students on the residency trail. But I don't think it's the kind of place you would want to go there strictly for the "fun" experience.
Also, medical school is as fun as you make it. Every school tries to put forth this image of being "collaborative" and other such things that make you think their students are enjoying themselves and have good camaraderie. In reality, that culture is driven much more by the students themselves rather than be institution.
Ah, well said! I don't plan on going anywhere for the 'fun' factor. Just a little fun thread 🙂
I was more than happy to never have to set foot on the campus of Jefferson again when I graduated, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't because I didn't make enough youtube videos.
@WinterSoldier93
+1 Vandy's videos are very creative and genuine, always get a good laugh watching those haha.
+1 Vandy's videos are very creative and genuine, always get a good laugh watching those haha.
What's that supposed to mean? -____-Well... it's EVMS, so...
What's that supposed to mean? -____-
See above.
I vote for Loma Linda School of Medicine. They take you to a retreat up in the mountains with your fellow students and faculty after your first exam week. They also have the legendary medical student talent show each year and a family day in February where your family can follow you around school for a day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I vote for Loma Linda School of Medicine. They take you to a retreat up in the mountains with your fellow students and faculty after your first exam week. They also have the legendary medical student talent show each year and a family day in February where your family can follow you around school for a day.
I was laughing at this amusing joke until I realized you were serious.
I vote UPenn.
When I was interviewing there, the secretary let applicants wait in the student lounge. It was around 10 am and there were a couple Penn med students just chillin there. One of them asked what our schedule was like. I told him we have half an hour before orientation begins.
The student goes, "Half an hour, eh?", smiles mischievously, and pulls out a handle of alcohol from his backpack.
When I was interviewing there, the secretary let applicants wait in the student lounge. It was around 10 am and there were a couple Penn med students just chillin there. One of them asked what our schedule was like. I told him we have half an hour before orientation begins.
The student goes, "Half an hour, eh?", smiles mischievously, and pulls out a handle of alcohol from his backpack.
Loma Linda is still a pretty fun and awesome school. It is a good, clean school where you can still have fun without all of the other issues. People like me wouldn't go there if it wasn't at least a positive experience and somewhat fun (med school is still tough, though).
Loma Linda is still a pretty fun and awesome school.
lol
Sent from my iPhone
lol
Sent from my iPhone
Seriously everyone....
Similar threads
J
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
J
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 669
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K

