which medicine letter to use?

Started by biker
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

biker

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying for radiology residencies and have a quick question about the medicine LOR.

A faculty member recently completed one on my behalf. Now an associate dean (who I spent slightly less time with clinically but still knows me fairly well) has offerred to write one. It's my impression most rads programs only want one medicine LOR......

So which one do I use, or do I ask the associate dean to "co-sign" the first letter?

Thanks!
 
I would have the associate dean write the letter and then see which of the letters in better. Name recognition is something but ultimately you want the best letter no matter who it comes from.