which nbme form first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docstep1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my exams in two months....I wanted to know which nbme form should I tk first online....pls give me advice
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am having my exam on January. I used osmosis to create my studying schedule and it suggests to do NMBE 19, the latest one. And after that the two uworld evaluation tests(or whatever they re called). I do not know though if that's the best option

Whenever you take these tests you need to be asking yourself 1) am I improving? And 2)Am I ready to sit for the USMLE?
I strategically did mine in the order that would see if I was improving. 17 and UWSA1 should be done early because they are very easy compared to the others. And you should be able to match those scores on the harder NBMEs. Looking at your trend from these answers the first question. 13 and 15 are good to see question style from NBME but are not the most representative.

My order was:
UWSA1
UWSA2

17, 18, 19 and UWSA2 are most like the real deal. I did 19 before 18 because 19 has such a harsh curve.
UWSA2 and 18 should answer the question, am I ready to sit for the USMLE?

Reactions: 2 users
Whenever you take these tests you need to be asking yourself 1) am I improving? And 2)Am I ready to sit for the USMLE?
I strategically did mine in the order that would see if I was improving. 17 and UWSA1 should be done early because they are very easy compared to the others. And you should be able to match those scores on the harder NBMEs. Looking at your trend from these answers the first question. 13 and 15 are good to see question style from NBME but are not the most representative.

My order was:
UWSA1
UWSA2

17, 18, 19 and UWSA2 are most like the real deal. I did 19 before 18 because 19 has such a harsh curve.
UWSA2 and 18 should answer the question, am I ready to sit for the USMLE?

Thank you so much!!!!! Now I have a clear idea the order of forms...also could u tell me the intervals I need to tk them in? I have exams in two months exactly...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!!!!! Now I have a clear idea the order of forms...also could u tell me the intervals I need to tk them in? I have exams in two months exactly...

I did 13 then took a two week break. Then 1 every week. Remember to not get down on yourself when your score isn't exactly what you want for the exam. Learn from your mistakes and improve for the next practice test. I started at a 203 and ended up with a 243 on the real thing.

I did 13 then took a two week break. Then 1 every week. Remember to not get down on yourself when your score isn't exactly what you want for the exam. Learn from your mistakes and improve for the next practice test. I started at a 203 and ended up with a 243 on the real thing.
I did 13 and I got 192. Sucks. I have 8 more weeks. U think 240+ is doable? :(

Yeah definitely, you just have to grind. Study hard!
Phew... planning to book on December last week or Jan 1 week....makes me nauseated....doing uworld again starting tomorrow...2 block a day...plus FA....I hope this works out for me....:(