which NBME form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herbalgarden

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given the outragous price of the NBME forms (know, they're not much in the long run, but I'm living in the short run), which ones would you rank as most representative of the real test.

I plan to buy two.. so trying to figure out which one to buy. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the real thing today and had at least 5 questions from the NBME's. I took all four NBME's, but I think 2 and 3 are the best. 1 is easy. 4 is less easy. The real thing is tougher than the NBME's, but the concepts tested are the same. So do 2 or 3. I think your time would be better spent memorizing First Aid (every single word of it). At least 60-80% of the material tested is in First Aid. Most of the rest if what you learned in undergrad (biochem, molecular bio, genetics), what you can think through via process of elimination.
PM me if you want more advice.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I was wondering if the NBME change every year, add new forms, or just use the same questions each year? I feel like we're getting ripped off for old materials when they don't bother to update the questions to reflect current test.

Hi all,

I was wondering if the NBME change every year, add new forms, or just use the same questions each year? I feel like we're getting ripped off for old materials when they don't bother to update the questions to reflect current test.
\

The same questions.
they updated it with NBME 3,4 the new kids on the block:rolleyes: