"Which of the following conclusions is least supported by the article?"

Started by phunky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phunky

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate this question. Usually there is one conclusion that it not at all support by the article, but this is not the correct answer. It seems like the question is really asking "which of these conclusions does the article make with the least support?," but that's not how I read it. Zero support is less than a small amount of support to me. How do you approach these?
 
If I had to guess, I would think the trick is to pick a conclusion that is present b/c you don't want to go outside passage at all unless it says "Which is not in the passage" or something like that. Sometimes the wording and implications of these questions can make you want to scream and/or throw things.
 
Last edited:
You have to do two things when answering this question. You must look for: 1) A statement that is supported. So, you CAN NEVER chose an answer that is not supported at all. That is a trap and will always be wrong. 2) Look for a statement that the LEAST support is offered for. But, there MUST be some support from the passage.



I hope this helps. I learned this from EK and TPRH.
 
You have to do two things when answering this question. You must look for: 1) A statement that is supported. So, you CAN NEVER chose an answer that is not supported at all. That is a trap and will always be wrong. 2) Look for a statement that the LEAST support is offered for. But, there MUST be some support from the passage.



I hope this helps. I learned this from EK and TPRH.

Very helpful. Thank you.