Technology Which of these digital cameras should I get?

Started by golgi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

golgi

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which 5 MP digi cams do you guys recommend for the amateur?

- -Canon Powershot A95 or the Sony Cybershot DSC-W1???

Any other good ones out there?
 
Can't speak for the canon, but I have the Sony DSC-W1 and love it. The extra large screen is great for seeing what your shots look like and it is loaded with enough features that I've never not been able to customize a shot if I needed to. All I have to do is scan the manual for instructions. Batttery life is really good too, but only with the rechargables that it comes with. You can use regular alkalines, but the response is flaky. It might stay on with the low battery light for 1/2 hour straight, or it might go from full battery light to dead in 2 minutes. Stick with the rechargables and you'll do fine.