Which one and why

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of these three which one would you choose?

1. Buffalo
2. BU
3. Temple

and briefly explain why?

--Thanks in advance for the reply...

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a state resident, go to UB. Save some tuition money, buy yourself a benz.

Rezdawg said:
If you are a state resident, go to UB. Save some tuition money, buy yourself a benz.

I am from NY state, and I would like to drive a benz, preferably a porsche haha

Members don't see this ad :)
asd said:
I am from NY state, and I would like to drive a benz, preferably a porsche haha

Tuition at Buffalo...14,800 a year. Total is 59,000.
Tuition at BU...45,000 a year. Total is 180,000.

Throw in living costs and you add, lets say, $20,000 to the difference.

Difference in price is about $140,000.

Cost of Porsche Turbo, nicely loaded...$130,000.

You still have $10,000 left to spend...buy five 42 inch plasma tv's for your apartment and order the NFL gameday package. Good times.

Rezdawg said:

This is the best advice and you should follow it. I grew up outside of Boston, but didn't bother applying to BU or Tufts because I saw no reason to spend $300K for dental school when I could go to Buffalo and pay half of that. I currently attend Buffalo.

In addition to costing half as much as BU, you can live like a king in Buffalo. You can live 5 minutes from school, have a parking space, have a spacious 1 bdrroom, not live in a crappy part of the city, and still pay at most $500 per month in rent. Try finding that in Boston! Impossible for under $1000 per month. Now Buffalo is not nearly as exciting as Boston, but as a dental student you won't have much time to enjoy the city.

I don't know anything about Temple, but it is still way more expensive than Buffalo.

Good luck in your decision.

ncalcate said:
This is the best advice and you should follow it. I grew up outside of Boston, but didn't bother applying to BU or Tufts because I saw no reason to spend $300K for dental school when I could go to Buffalo and pay half of that. I currently attend Buffalo.

In addition to costing half as much as BU, you can live like a king in Buffalo. You can live 5 minutes from school, have a parking space, have a spacious 1 bdrroom, not live in a crappy part of the city, and still pay at most $500 per month in rent. Try finding that in Boston! Impossible for under $1000 per month. Now Buffalo is not nearly as exciting as Boston, but as a dental student you won't have much time to enjoy the city.

I don't know anything about Temple, but it is still way more expensive than Buffalo.

Good luck in your decision.

thank you! Yeah Buffalo is my number 1 right now.

asd said:
thank you! Yeah Buffalo is my number 1 right now.
You should go to UB.
Y? Cause you can rent my place at $550 a month(2bedrooms, bath, kitchen, dining room and large livingroom), including water garbage and garage. Pets allowed (enclosed back yard). 10 minute walk to school. Oh and you have a Junior upstairs to show you the ropes. :D

THere is no doubt that not only is Buffalo much cheaper where your dollar goes quite far, but the school is also great. The only downfall is that you have to live in Buffalo, NY :barf:.....

Growing up in Toronto, Ive been to Buffalo a thousand times and everytime I ask myself why.....in my opinion that city is truly the armpit of the US

On the other hand, if you are a family person and have no time to "go out", Im sure Buffalo (Amherst) would be amazing to raise a family in. If you're a single student....uhhhhh, I dont know what else to say

Whatever school is cheapest.

kerrydds06 said:
You should go to UB.
Y? Cause you can rent my place at $550 a month(2bedrooms, bath, kitchen, dining room and large livingroom), including water garbage and garage. Pets allowed (enclosed back yard). 10 minute walk to school. Oh and you have a Junior upstairs to show you the ropes. :D

wow that sound great...ill let you know when the time gets closer...

Dr. Badvibes, is buffalo really that bad? Ive been going to school in Schenectady, NY for the past 4 years, now that is a terrible place to be. I was thinking that Buffalo couldnt be worse than that! Anyways, if anyone can fill me in on the social life there I would really appreciate it! Keep in mind i am single and on the prowl for girls..haha..

Thanks in advance!

asd said:
Keep in mind i am single and on the prowl for girls..haha..

Do you like college girls? 50,000 of them? Beantown.