Which one is the best for math section studying?

Started by lovekblue
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which one is the best for math section studying?


Google "Paul's Online Notes: Calculus 1", this is what I used to review my calculus and it really helped me a lot. The statistics was a huge portion of the math section (I took the October PCAT). I think the only way to really review is to actually get your stats book out and just review the basics. Practice the problems and it'll help you. Also, go back and review old problems on compound interest and etc. Those were killer problems if you don't practice tricks to answer it. I used Dr. Collins for the Biology and Chemistry section and it was enough to really provide me a refresher. Truthfully, I thought that Dr. Collins was good for the Biology and Chemistry. The verbal I used Princeton Review's verbal book.

It's better to be well over prepared than under-prepared. 🙂
 
Which one is the best for math section studying?

Dr. Collins is pretty good for about getting you used to the format of the questions. The math section is tricky because you don't really have enough time to think about what the question is asking... you kinda have to already know before you finish reading the question. Get really good with mental math, number patterns, fraction/decimal conversions, ect. Practice the Dr. Collins tests religiously until the day of the exam!!! Also, look into picking up a copy of REA's PCAT Flashcards book. It has verbal, chem, bio, and quant. Hope that helps!