Which PDA to get if I don't need Wi-fi?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dividedsky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which one is the best deal? I'd like to get a Palm but would consider pocket PC if wasn't too $$$.

I don't need Wi-Fi/ bluetooth, and would certainly get an extra memory card.
which model is the best? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dividedsky said:
which one is the best deal? I'd like to get a Palm but would consider pocket PC if wasn't too $$$.

I don't need Wi-Fi/ bluetooth, and would certainly get an extra memory card.
which model is the best? thanks

Get an old Tungsten E. Palm still sells them on their website in their factory outlet.

http://store.palm.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1179667&clickid=mainnav_outlet_txt

I bought an open box, blemished Tungsten E, and it was basically in absolutely perfect condition and it was ~$150. It had one very slight blemish on the metal encasing which was really barely noticeable and only in certain light. They also sell open box, unblemished stuff, too.

I got the bare-bones Palm Zire 31, and it works great for me. All I use it for is Epocrates and occasionally the calendar. About $130 on amazon.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're not going to use wifi, then I suggest you save your money. I use mine because our hospital allows us to download the latest labs, radiology, and path reports while rounding. I used to use it to look up drugs and antibiotics. However, my PDA is getting fixed right now, and I feel like I used it as a crutch. Now I reach for it almost as a reflex whenever I hear of a drug. However, I have begun to study a bit harder now, and am just getting off of my crutch, and I think its helping me. For my next rotation, I will probably only use the PDA to look up labs and stuff. I suggest you try and go without it. Get a new pharmacopeia and try that out.

sscooterguy

For the basic PDA I've been recommending the Palm E or E2.