which pharmacy school is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scanlon.j

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into Mass College of Pharmacy and Northeastern University in Boston. I would like to know what your opinions of these schools are, and what school you would recommend going to.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by scanlon.j
I have been accepted into Mass College of Pharmacy and Northeastern University in Boston. I would like to know what your opinions of these schools are, and what school you would recommend going to.

hmm... i'm not sure. but my friend told me that Northeastern is a pretty good school. Don't know much about Mass COP, though I almost applied there myself.

seems like we've had this discussion several times now!

i'm currently a 3rd year at mcp (transferred in this year).... i'll have to say that i'm really frustrated with the organization of the administration here. however, the professors are all really excellent. majority of the pharmacy students/pharmacists you meet in boston will be from mcp (rather than northeastern) mostly because mcp class sizes are rather large. they're supposedly cracking down on admissions this year tho....

will you be a transfer student? are you from mass?

can't really say much about northeastern, except that the co-op program seems really cool.

good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend you to read their ciriculum and program very carefully, then decide to go for the one you feel you like it. Actually, a pharmacist is a pharmacist anyway. So I don't think it would matter much if you go to this school versus the other. What really matters is whether or not you would feel comfortable with the school you chose.

Good luck with your decision and congrats for your acceptances!:clap:

Originally posted by scanlon.j

The only school that matters is the one you GRADUATED from.

Look for cost and convenience. In ten years no one
will care where you went.

Thank you baggywrinkle- I'm glad someone finally said that!!!!

Originally posted by baggywrinkle
The only school that matters is the one you GRADUATED from.

Look for cost and convenience. In ten years no one
will care where you went.

Better get on the record as disagreeing w/my good pal baggy, bc he's wrong n stuff, but I'll have to respond later. gotta study for biosys. will say that the opportunities your school provides varies widely and that must be taken into consideration when evaluating a school. It's certainly why i chose mine.

Agree with Baggywrinkle. I know even I won't care where I graduated from in 10 years.