Which political party is best for PT?

Started by WSUPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WSUPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, just curious to get your opinions on the upcoming election. I'm new to this site so I haven't done much browsing of old topics so here it goes anyway. As a student PT and a health care professional in general, which party are you going to vote for? I know there are no hard and fast rule as to which party is best for our field but I would like your opinions. Thanks!
 
Hello everyone, just curious to get your opinions on the upcoming election. I'm new to this site so I haven't done much browsing of old topics so here it goes anyway. As a student PT and a health care professional in general, which party are you going to vote for? I know there are no hard and fast rule as to which party is best for our field but I would like your opinions. Thanks!

The Republicans are better in my opinion.

If the Dems get control of everything then socialized medicine is much more likely to happen. If the Republicans are somehow able to get control back, healthcare savings accounts have a better chance of bringing the market back into influence on health care decisions. People will learn, eventally, that direct PT access is a cost saver. They won't learn that until they are spending their own money.

The Republicans are better for a whole host of other reasons as well, tax rates, reducing welfare roles, and national security for three. Arguably without those, it doesn't matter a hill of beans what we get paid for one unit of therapeutic exercise.