Which postbacc program would best suit my situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulDr201

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. I want to go to Dental School very badly.

2. Graduated with a degree in Biobehavioral Health from Penn State with a cumulative GPA of 2.9.

3. Already took a fair amount of science courses
- Bio I w/ Lab
- Bio II w/ Lab
- Gen Chem I w/Lab
- Gen Chem II w/ lab
- Organic Chemistry I (which I received a D in)
- Genetics

4. I still have remaining pre-requisites to take which includes
- Physics I w/ Lab
- Physics II w/ Lab
- Organic Chemistry II
- Are there any post-bacc programs that would accept someone like me who already took a fair amount of science courses, but still need to fulfill the prerequisite courses necessary for dental school?
 
I'm not pre-dental but I think most postbac programs require 2 semesters of Biology, Gen Chem and Orgo (you should be fine not taking physics but check with individual programs). I highly recommend retaking Org 1, and completing Org 2 before applying to these programs (as most postbacs don't offer organic chemistry aside from Biochem, and the D will hurt you in the long run). There's a few "career change" postbac I've seen for pre-medical, so there's got to be a few for pre-dental as well. Good luck!