Which practice test should be taken last?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLY0001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am one month out from my MCAT test date. Which practice test would be best to take last, before my exam?

I have access to all Kaplan and aamc full lenghts.

My main concern is that I would like the difficulty and score of my last practice test to be representative of what I should expect on test day.

Thank you for your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

I am one month out from my MCAT test date. Which practice test would be best to take last, before my exam?

I have access to all Kaplan and aamc full lenghts.

My main concern is that I would like the difficulty and score of my last practice test to be representative of what I should expect on test day.

Thank you for your opinions!
#10...Don't take #11 last because it might crush your confidence.

The last four exams I did were AAMC 8, 9, 10 and 11 (in that order). Of these, 8, 9, and 11 were the closest to my real MCAT. AAMC 10 was 5 points lower than my real score.

Keep in mind, though, that each MCAT tests different content so depending on your strong/weak areas, the predictive power of FL's will widely vary.

The last four exams I did were AAMC 8, 9, 10 and 11 (in that order). Of these, 8, 9, and 11 were the closest to my real MCAT. AAMC 10 was 5 points lower than my real score.

Keep in mind, though, that each MCAT tests different content so depending on your strong/weak areas, the predictive power of FL's will widely vary.

do 9,10,11 last. yes 10 and 11 are hard as hell, but they teach different concepts and its imporant doing them at the end to see what little you need to go over before examm

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like you've made a decision, but for people looking here in the future. I got sort of psyched out about AAMC 11 because of what people were saying on here, so I took it with a few extra days to spare after it in case I felt like I really needed to hit something hard. I think it was the first time I ever had problems with timing on the biological sciences section (didn't happen on the real MCAT either I had 8 mins to look over my answers), so I decided the best thing to do would be to take AAMC 10 (which I had saved) to work on my timing more. I ended up getting the same score on both of those tests, but the curve was harsher on AAMC 10, or at least it was for my "distribution." I thought AAMC 10 was pretty easy compared to 7, 9, 11. But everyone has their own strong and weak areas. If I've learned anything from this process it's that :).