Which private schools on average are quickest with returning an admissions decision after interview?

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Just curious. We don't really have compiled data on this yet!

Spector1

Orbis non Sufficit
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical

Last edited:

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
That also assumes that schools make binary decisions on all interviewees. Some schools may accept some outstanding candidates right after interviews, and place others on hold in various "stratum" or "piles" (eg strong consideration, consideration, etc) until later in the cycle when they are filling out the class. You could get interviewed in October and not get a decision until February.

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
You're an exception to the rule or in state. This place definitely has an auto reject/thanks for the money pile for people with 31 Mcats and under
And what is the source of this evaluation and/or information?

Reactions: neekzg

musicalfeet

5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
School thread over multiple years + personal experience.
I'm pretty sure I was an auto-reject...but I had an MCAT above 31. So there's that? Also had a lot of community service/service oriented + nontrad. No lie, I was REALLY surprised when I got rejected that quickly. Although after talking with my advisor, apparently no one from my institution has been accepted at Tulane for the past 5 years. They suspect it's because in the past, students that got accepted at Tulane almost never actually matriculated there and chose to go somewhere else.

Reactions: Monster_Cat

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I'm pretty sure I was an auto-reject...but I had an MCAT above 31. So there's that? Also had a lot of community service/service oriented + nontrad. No lie, I was REALLY surprised when I got rejected that quickly. Although after talking with my advisor, apparently no one from my institution has been accepted at Tulane for the past 5 years. They suspect it's because in the past, students that got accepted at Tulane almost never actually matriculated there and chose to go somewhere else.
:/ that's such a ridiculously assuming reason but it doesn't surprise me cuz we are dealing with Tulane. They should realize your school =\= you
Since adcoms can have a formal or informal bias to feeder schools (ie schools that have provided good matriculants previous), it can be speculated that the opposite bias may exist as well.