Which programs didn't fill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChocolateKiss

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering which programs didn't fill. It looks like there were 4 of them (advanced programs). Might help some us rule out parts of our match lists if we ranked these places :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
it looks like there are 6 unfilled spots actually...4 advanced and 2 categorical

Members don't see this ad :)
There were 4 advanced and 2 categorical that didn't fill. Look at the match statistics page in the reports section.

oh actually there are prob only 4 spots...the 2 cat are probably tufts which wasn't in the match but maybe still shows up here?

how can a derm program not fill?! those programs must have bone head PD's.
when will the list of unfilled programs be released?

curious which programs didn't fill this year. iirc both cornell & duke didn't fill their spots last year.

do you have the link to this information? i was searching the NRMP website but could not find it... thanks!

You can't see the list unless you have an NRMP account. If you do, then login, click on My Reports, and link to Regional Match Statistics by Specialty.

dear all,
does anyone have the list of hopitals with unfilled programmes at pgy1 and 2 level.if yes, can some one post it here.unable to access my account.
many thanks
kanthi

also curious which programs but am unable to access on my account...

Members don't see this ad :)
It is my understanding that only those who didn't match/are participating in the scramble have access to the list of unfilled programs, at least until after match day.

Anyone know any of the programs that participated in the scramble today? Either from your own experience or from hearing through others...

I heard a rumor it was Tufts, SUNY-Stonybrook, and University of New Mexico. But this was secondhand knowledge.

I heard a rumor it was Tufts, SUNY-Stonybrook, and University of New Mexico. But this was secondhand knowledge.

Haha, but Tufts didn't even participate in the match this year. That's not really unfilled unless they're accepting applicants.

i remember a few years back, one program was reported to be unfilled but it was later found out that that happened only because they withdrew from the match but for some reason, NRMP did not take them out of the list. something similar may have happened to tufts?

i wonder why the list is not up yet. in previous years, people who did not match just randomly posted them all over this board. i guess the NRMP has implemented stricter rules?

i thought tufts filled outside the match this yr. did something not work out or are those not real spots to scramble for?

Tufts filled outside the match but because they were still able to access applications via ERAS the spots they offered (2) were still able to be applied for reapplied for and scrambled for

however they never removed themselves from eras despite filling outside the match

of course I didn't find this out til after I applied there

wow... i might have actually matched this year since i interviewed at one of the unfilled programs.

Last edited:
New Mexico filled their spot on Monday.

Stony Brook filled their spot on Tuesday. 6 people interviewed for their spot, the decision was made within an hour, 5 people left empty-handed. This program did not rank a lot of people that interviewed here.

*match (excuse the typo, I'm really beat today)

Hey folks, yeah I was one of those who got interviewed at Stony Brook on Tuesday and didn't get it :-( So close!! I wonder which one of us 6 did match though huummm...

Oh well, guess I'll have to do my prelim, reapply, do a research fellowship, etc.

Last edited: