Which Programs dont Accept IMGs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prominence

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with this? i want to avoid applying to programs which have a reputation of not accepting foreign grads. if you could post here or PM me, i would appreciate it. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

prominence said:
anyone have any experience with this? i want to avoid applying to programs which have a reputation of not accepting foreign grads. if you could post here or PM me, i would appreciate it. thanks.

IMO, another way of getting a feel for it is to check out the additional requirements the individual programs place on IMGs. Some I have seen demand several months of US clinical and especially Psychiatry experience before considering the IMG applicant. Though by itself this does not necessarily mean that the program is dead-set against IMGs, it could provide a clue. If the additional requirements look to be particularly odious (especially if the equivalent is not a requirement for USMGs), then I would take that as a hint.

Otherwise, I'd like to know as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR IMGs are alright when it comes to getting good psych residencies. You may not get the most competitive residencies and may have to run through some hoops, but if it's what you want to do, it's surely worth it. My bet is you'll find a fit. RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

??? Why the roaring, but thanks for the encouragement.