which programs require step 2?

Started by eutychus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eutychus

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just perusing UPenn's neuro web page and found this:
Minimum requirements:
USMLE Step I score and step II score
Valid ECFMG certificate (for foreign medical graduates)
Must successfully pass the ECFMG Clinical Skills Assessment test (CSA) (for foreign medical graduates)
Recent U.S. clinical experience (at least 1 month experience within the past 6 months)
Graduated from medical school 2000 or later

what other programs require step 2??? i was planning on taking step 2 late, like in january...
 
Is that application or program requirements? It may just refer to what you need prior to starting your residency there - in other words you can't take step II in May of your senior year (or later). That's the way I read it (as I applied there, but won't take step II until Nov), anyway.