Which programs should I be looking at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dozitgetchahi

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Third year DO student here. I ended up with a 237 on step 1 and I've had my eye on anesthesia for a while. I definitely think I'd enjoy it and I'm starting to shadow some anesthesiologists at this point.

I'm also thinking about which gas programs I should be aiming at. I'd prefer to match in/near Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, or Philly (I have family in all these locations), but I would also be willing to match at a program outside of these locations if it seemed to be a good fit. I've been hearing different things about how competitive a 237 is in the field and I was wondering if anyone could name some programs that they feel would qualify as "reach", "target", etc in my situation.

Thanks in advance.