Which qbanks to use during M1 year?

Started by bananasewq
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spent hours a day, every day, for two years using it, which to many people sounds bat **** crazy.
It's almost like if anyone spent "hours a day" using any board related study material from the beginning of school on that you would have your 250+++ after 2 years. Recommending firecracker for mere mortal medical students is not responsible for the amount of time required for it to be worth even $0.01.

Yes, for some students with that kind of stamina, I'd recommend FC because the step scores are monstrous. I'd venture to guess 95% of students are not up to the task and should not waste their money.
 
It's almost like if anyone spent "hours a day" using any board related study material from the beginning of school on that you would have your 250+++ after 2 years. Recommending firecracker for mere mortal medical students is not responsible for the amount of time required for it to be worth even $0.01.

Yes, for some students with that kind of stamina, I'd recommend FC because the step scores are monstrous. I'd venture to guess 95% of students are not up to the task and should not waste their money.
I don't really understand the tone of your post (to put it nicely). I've certainly not made any effort to mislead anyone and say that FC is an easy way to a high step score. If you read my posts in the step 1 forums you'll see that I've said pretty much what you've said here: you'd probably kill step 1 either way devoting that much time to studying, the important thing is that FC provided a structured way to motivate me to put in the hours. Not sure about the "mere mortals" part of your post either, I didn't enroll in medical school planning to not work hard. Thanks for the enlightening and helpful post though.