Which school is the MOST FUN!!!???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is professional school, grow up
He's right... you had your college life for all the beer pong days u could even think of!

Members don't see this ad.

(dental school - friends) < (dental school + friends) < (dental school + friends + brewskis)...that's all the math i need for dental school :D

Our c/o 2012 President promised us a skit if he won...and he delivered :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfnm8F1WJU

But seriously, UoP has been a lot of fun and intense at the same time.

Here's a list of things we've done our first quarter + a month of this quarter and planned (4 months total)

1. The Six Flags people mentioned. Knock on it all you want, but 15 bucks for free food & admissions to relax on a Saturday isn't bad. Would you rather study? Go ahead then
2. Softball Tournament
3. Dodgeball Tournament coming up in a week
4. San Francisco Giants Game + BBQ + 2 Kegs
5. Stockton Retreat, with the entire Pacific Bowling Alley rented out for us
6. Halloween party at Mr. Smith's coming up in a week
7. Big sib/lil sib BBQ
8. There's usually a weekly poker game going on at housing every Wednesday

Other Things:
1. The video our class president made for us above
2. We play music in sim lab after school, usually Top 40, and sometimes movies during the weekends
3. We made a class slideshow for everyone at the end of 1st quarter
4. We are planning a Tahoe trip, 49ers game, and a Napa wine tasting trip for the near future
5. We have a little "Student of the Month" gig for each of our clinical classes to keep things interesting
6. In our Fixed Pros class, we have a "The Apprentice" game for each of our megarows...winner at the end of the quarter gets a complimentary wine tasting trip from our professors in Napa. The bottom two rows each time duke it out to not get eliminated, and let me tell you the skits are HILARIOUS!

That is just what comes to the top of my mind...there's more we do but I can't remember it all. It's like a family at UoP...and we do a lot to keep things interesting from going out together, birthday parties, studying together, etc. The school is what you make of it, and it seems like the majority of people at UoP are making the best out of it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow, didn't realize people were so opposed to having fun :)
i am a total people person. and would like to continue that, thank you very much :D

so go you OP for having the guts to bring up this thread. because if not for you, i would have :D

I second that. Some of these people are crazy. I really hope they don't become my classmates. They need to realize that having fun along the way is normal, being a geek is not. You need to balance studying with a social life.

I live in Baltimore and have a few friends who go to Dental School at Maryland. They basically have school sponsored happy hours every now and then, where naturally everything is free. It gets insane!