Which school would you choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

If accepted by all 4four which would you choose?

• UCLA

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • UCSF

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • UPENN

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Columbia

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters

msdentist06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If UCLA, UCSF, UPENN, Columbia accepted you which would you choose and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends where you live and where you want to live. All things equal, I think UPenn, UCLA and UCSF are all amazing schools. It's up to personal preference. I won't comment on Columbia because I haven't been there and the people who I've spoken to in the dental community don't respect it as much as the other 3. I'm sure it's a good school too, just don't know enough about it.

Audio said:
Depends where you live and where you want to live. All things equal, I think UPenn, UCLA and UCSF are all amazing schools. It's up to personal preference. I won't comment on Columbia because I haven't been there and the people who I've spoken to in the dental community don't respect it as much as the other 3. I'm sure it's a good school too, just don't know enough about it.

Thanks. Looks like UCLA is the winner in every poll

Looks like applicants like the UCs more than the IVYs (UC[71%] vs IVY[29%]).

msdentist06 said:
Looks like applicants like the UCs more than the IVYs (UC[71%] vs IVY[29%]).
IVYs are great schools, but they are also very overrated. Unlike the general public however, SDNers are an informed group of individuals who make logical decisions, so they chose a school that just best fit them.