Which schools are the most "respected?"

Started by pstifter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pstifter

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right now my top choices are ICO and UMSL, but I'm having trouble finding out which schools are the most respected in the optometry world. Thanks!
 
This isn't a very good question. I would say all schools are equally reputable and good except for the new ones which I think many would frown upon. I went to ICO and enjoyed it. UMSL is good too. Can't go wrong with either one in terms of education - go where you would be happiest based on other factors. Prestige/respect is irrelevant among the established schools
 
This isn't a very good question. I would say all schools are equally reputable and good except for the new ones which I think many would frown upon. I went to ICO and enjoyed it. UMSL is good too. Can't go wrong with either one in terms of education - go where you would be happiest based on other factors. Prestige/respect is irrelevant among the established schools

Maybe it seems like it's not a "very good question" because you know the answer. These things aren't readily apparent to those of us that are just entering the optometry community. Nonetheless, thanks for the rest of your response.