Which schools have a class Patagonia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beatrixy22

Reaction score
We all know that Patagonia jackets are the new white coats. Just out of curiosity, does your school have a class Patagonia? I’m wondering which DO schools have them and which ones don’t. I’m sure I’m not the first person to wonder this!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We all know that Patagonia jackets are the new white coats. Just out of curiosity, does your school have a class Patagonia? I’m wondering which DO schools have them and which ones don’t. I’m sure I’m not the first person to wonder this!
You can organize to make some regardless of school you go to. but having your med school logo on them (when the school forces you to wear white coats on rotations) isn’t the most important.

the class below me made some I know (DMU)

You can organize to make some regardless of school you go to. but having your med school logo on them (when the school forces you to wear white coats on rotations) isn’t the most important.

the class below me made some I know (DMU)
Good to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Or just get some Patagucci that isn't forever tainted by med school logo/name...

Reactions: 13 users
The Touro Nevada emergency medicine interest group sells them once a year (no school store). The weather has been appropriate to wear it exactly 3 days since I started school here.

I chose all my training based on the availability of Patagonia fleeces. I think that’s a sign of smart decision making.

you might be the first

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
It's only a matter of time before these companies start sponsoring medical schools. Tucker Smith College of Osteopathic Medicine Sponsored by Patagonia!

Slightly different question this thread sparked in my mammal brain - Are these jackets a thing for residencies too?

MSUCOM got them this year not sure if its been a thing in the past. Pretty sure people in my class had to organize it though.

On another note, why in the hell would you want a Patagonia (great jacket I have a couple) ruined with a med school logo you’ll leave after 4 years and have no contact with. Same with a residncy logo you will also leave. Almost everyone ive met barelywears the thing unless to try to weirdly flex on people in the community (nobody cares). Get some crap fleece and things like that if you want to wear it long term.

When you are outside your med school bubble you should keep it low key you’re a med student, because there’s a whole hell of a lot more for you to lose than the average person (and nobody at your med school cares you have one either). Especially with everyone in the world looking to go viral “cancelling” you. Even just going to a bar or party or something with it on can get snapped in the wrong way on a pic and you’re done for.

TLDR; for the love of god please don’t wear these regularly and please don’t base your med school decision on them. Med schools force you to wear white coats anyway you don’t get to wear them on the wards like the residents. Save it till residency if at all

When you are outside your med school bubble you should keep it low key you’re a med student, because there’s a whole hell of a lot more for you to lose than the average person (and nobody at your med school cares you have one either). Especially with everyone in the world looking to go viral “cancelling” you. Even just going to a bar or party or something with it on can get snapped in the wrong way on a pic and you’re done for.
There were a few people in my class that definitely got on the wrong side of admin while partying with their med school patagonia jackets on, totally agree with you it is looking for trouble.

ACOM's SGA made one and got it approved by the school. It is now sold in their gift shop lol

ACOM's SGA made one and got it approved by the school. It is now sold in their gift shop lol
unfortunately not anymore, after the logo change there isn't any there anymore. We've been talking to admin about getting new ones for the class, but it's taking them forever

unfortunately not anymore, after the logo change there isn't any there anymore. We've been talking to admin about getting new ones for the class, but it's taking them forever
spain without the s

Slightly different question this thread sparked in my mammal brain - Are these jackets a thing for residencies too?
Yes, very much so. I still wear my med school ones lol

Is that what most of your co residents do or do some wear the hospital specific ones?
Some do, some don’t.
we didnt get hospital specific ones until recently. I paid for those patagonias, gonna wear them lol